Everyone is talking about Autodesk’s Smoke 2013. Really, the show story is between Smoke and the BlackMagic Camera. I got to see the live demo and release which was great! But even better and what you’ll enjoy is getting to hear directly from the Smoke team explaining what’s new and when you can get your hands on it. (Player Above)
Here’s the key features:
- The Smoke User Interface (UI) — An intuitive all-in-one creative workflow that combines track-based editorial, industry-standard editing conventions and proven Autodesk creative tools.
- ConnectFX — Powerful node-based compositing inside the timeline for high-end effects and advanced compositing without leaving the editorial environment.
- Creative Tools — A robust toolset with proven high-end finishing tools, Action for true 3D compositing, the Colour Warper for professional grading and color matching, the Master Keyer for one-click chroma keying and stereoscopic 3D editing and effects.
- MediaHub — A modern approach to working natively with the most common formats that facilitates managing all project media from ingest to edit to effects and archiving.
- Lower System Requirements — Runs on the most recent generation of Apple iMac and MacBook Pro systems using high-bandwidth Thunderbolt storage and IO bringing true high-end video effects to flexible desktop and mobile workflows.
- Pricing and Availability
But more importantly, the price. The new Smoke is going to cost: $3,495 per license.
Too bad you can’t test it out earlier right, wait, you can. YA, if you want to get your hands on this early you can, a JUNE 2012 BETA RELEASE IS COMING!!!!!
Enough of my talking. Listen to the Autodesk team discuss the product (Player Above) and like our other interviews ASK THEM QUESTIONS ON TWITTER!
BUT WAIT THEY HAVE MORE FOR YOU!!!!
Couldn’t make it to NAB?? Want to see the actual presentations and talks? Then go here and enjoy!