Date of Last Revision: July 8, 2009
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
3. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
4. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Services are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Services.
5. USER CONDUCT
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
1. to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Art of the Guillotine users;
2. to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
3. for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
4. to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Art of the Guillotine user;
5. to create or submit unwanted email (“Spam”) to any other Digg users or any URL;
6. to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
7. to submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
8. with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
9. with the intention of artificially inflating or altering any Art of the Guillotine service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering The Art of the Guillotine’s services; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for postings; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of The Art of the Guillotine’s services;
10. to advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
11. attempt to impersonate another user or person;
12. sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
IN ADDITION, YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU SHALL NOT USE THE SERVICE ON BEHALF OF (OR PER THE REQUEST OR INSTRUCTION OF) ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU SHALL NOT REQUEST THAT ANY THIRD PARTY, OR PAY OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE ANY THIRD TO, MANIPULATE OR OTHERWISE AFFECT THE SITE IN ANY MANNER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BY PAYING ANY OTHER USER TO UPLOAD YOUR CONTENT).
The Art of the Guillotine may remove any Content and Art of the Guillotine accounts at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content), or for no reason at all.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. The Art of the Guillotine reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
6. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
By creating and posting Content to The Art of the Guillotine, you warrant that you own all rights to the Content, agree that the Content will be dedicated to the public domain under the Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication, available at http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and that you will not object to the use of the Content by The Art of the Guillotine in any context. To clarify, the above does not apply to the Content on external sites linked to by the original submission.
7. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS
The Art of the Guillotine respects the intellectual property of others. It is The Art of the Guillotine’s policy to respond expeditiously to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. The Art of the Guillotine will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, The Art of the Guillotine may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. The Art of the Guillotine will terminate access for subscribers and account holders who are repeat infringers.
Notifying The Art of the Guillotine of Copyright Infringement: To provide The Art of the Guillotine notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of “DMCA Infringement Notification Dept.” care of email@example.com that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that we may post your notification, with personally identifiable information redacted, to a clearinghouse such as chillingeffects.org. Please also note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
Providing The Art of the Guillotine with Counter-Notification: If we remove or disable access to content in response to an infringement notice, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content. If you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide The Art of the Guillotine with a counter notification by written communication to the attention of “DMCA Counter Notification Dept.” at firstname.lastname@example.org that sets forth all of the necessary information required by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
10. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
You acknowledge that The Art of the Guillotine has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site or use the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release The Art of the Guillotine from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site or the Services. The Site or Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The Art of the Guillotine makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site or Services, and The Art of the Guillotine will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Services. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because The Art of the Guillotine has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The Art of the Guillotine is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that The Art of the Guillotine shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ART OF THE GUILLOTINE OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Art of the Guillotine, Art of the Guillotine, Guillotine, Tej’s Tech Blog, The Edit Decision List, and other Art of the Guillotine graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of The Art of the Guillotine in the U.S., Canada and/or other countries. The Art of the Guillotine’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. The images and icons available in the Art of the Guillotine icon pack may used by partner and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate “On the Guillotine” and “Submit to The Guillotine” links to the Art of the Guillotine site.
Daniel George McDonald sits down to discuss creating the finale for Cheer Season 2.
Gordon sits down with the editorial team of The Black Lady Sketch Show to discuss their approach to ...
Gordon sits down with Philip to discuss his work with Tyler Perry and his latest film A Madea Homeco...
© 2007-2023 www.aotg.com Ver. 3.0 All Content created and posted by Art of the Guillotine users Art of the Guillotine graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and other service names are the trademarks of Art of the Guillotine Inc. Use of this material outside of this site is strictly prohibited.